So turns out that Minnesota has it’s own Gumball run. Who knew!? This event was created last year and is planned as a yearly event. MN Gumball run offers the only road rally event spanning the entire state of MN (rally distance = 700+ miles) for one amazing day in the beauty of Minnesota’s fall. Beginning the evening before with Large Party Downtown, tech inspection in morning, ending with car show, prizes and THE FINAL CRUISE
Date Sept 25th
- Pre-registration involves insurance waiver, proof of car insurance and drivers license
- Distance 700+ miles around state, last year was Northern, this year, N. Central, SW, SE and S.Central.
Four different categories in which to compete-
- First to Scene – As stated, the first to arrive at destination will be rewarded.
- Gas Sipper – The most fuel efficient team throughout the run.
- Spirit of the Run – The team who perseveres the most throughout the journey’s tough 700 mile run.
- Cleanest Wheels – There will be a car show at the end-point of the run, this is where prep work and pit stops may come into play.
Two drivers per team though additional members can be added. Cost of event is $1,500…NOW by open invitation as opposed to last year.
To RSVP or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Focus of event is on pit stop strategy, navigation and longevity in day, not to mention having fun…
Roads were chosen for specific reasons. This will be a scenic drive through MN fall to embrace our state.
Prizes will be contingent on how many people we have participating.
MN UNDERGROUND DOES NOT ENCOURAGE ANY LAWS TO BE BROKEN, this is a rally/navigational event, with no awards presented for time of completion.
At last year’s event, over $20,000 was given away in prizes!
EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL U.S. Citizens, with majority of participants hailing from our great state
They are trying to plan out a huge ripper downtown to kick off event and then people can officially pay then…hopefully a week before event.
Beginning in Bloomington, Minneapolis direction.