Episode 13 starts by discussing the past week on both of our respective blogs, AutoBird Blog and AccelerateMpls. The week in review included Dodge’s three new Charger ads and GM to manufacture it’s own electric motors. We move along to the major news of the week segment. This week included-
- Toyota recalls an additional 1.1 million vehicles
- GM has appointed Ed Whitacre as permanent CEO (for now)
- Opel confirms another 8,300 jobs to be cut
- The upcoming new Ford Explorer
- Ford earned $2.7 billion in 2009
We then proceed to the clip of the week segment. This week we featured the later then it should have been Chrysler holiday ad.
Last but certaintly not least, we discuss our three main topics. This week those included Chrysler’s future, the sale of Saab to Spyker and Toyota’s latest recall woes.